Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prague (September 28) - Last Day in the Tents


September 26

Sunshine!
Well, woke up to cold, but sunny weather today.  High around 56°F, with the low supposed to drop to around 39° tonight.  Yesterday (Friday) was partly cloudy during the day, and we had lots of good interactions with people. However, we have found that, as soon as the sun starts dipping toward the horizon, the temperatures drop very quickly!

Well, good news is that Sue, after missing one day due to the nasty stomach flu she had, is feeling well enough to go in today.  Bad news is that I seem to have caught the bug from her.  Last night was rough -- I don't even remember the last time I was so sick with a stomach bug -- and today I'm the one staying home to rest.  It's really hard missing the last day of the outreach and the time with the team, especially since the sky is finally clearing up, but I guess my job today is primarily to pray for the rest of the team as they are standing up, giving the Good News!  It's a little after 2:00PM (14:00) here, and at least I'm finally feeling strong enough to sit up for a while and gingerly try to eat a little bit.

Another Story: I spoke with one young man yesterday.  He is one of the security guards from the Tesco store we are in front of, and his curiosity finally got the better of him so he wandered over to see what was going on.  He was fascinated with the sculptures, and especially the images of "Hope" and "Faith".  He is a student of photography, and he was telling me of a film project which he and some of his classmates had created, centered around the theme of "Hope".  Like many others we have met there, he has a vague belief in "God" and trying to follow God in being good, and a feeling of hope which that belief brings, but no specific foundation for that hope.  I was able to use the images which the team had created earlier in the week to tell him WHY it is we have hope in Christ, that it is through Christ's blood that we have a reason for hope.  He was a bit frustrated struggling with his English, but I think we were still able to have a basic understanding.  In times like this, you rarely have a clear "breakthrough", but I'm just thankful for the opportunity to sow some more seeds into people's lives

Blessings!

No comments: