Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prague (September 19) - An Inauspicious Birthday

September 19


Well, my turn to be sick at home today... on my birthday.  This cold has been going around the team, and yesterday, it caught up with me.  The team is great though.  When one person goes down, the rest of the team just tells them to take the day off to rest, and then picks up the slack and carries on.

While it wasn't much fun to spend my birthday in bed, the team definitely didn't forget me.  When they came home in the evening, they brought the cake which some of the church team had baked for me.  They, of course, had started in to it during the day, but there was plenty for me to enjoy when they got back, and we all sat in the lounge in the restaurant for a while.  Sue even bought me a nice hat and brought it for me.  The maître d' in the restaurant, when she heard it was my birthday, came out and gave me a traditional shot glass of plumb brandy, which definitely helped my throat!

So, in spite of being sick for the day, I ended up having a very nice birthday.

Birthday cake, and tissues...


No comments: