Friday, April 04, 2008

Off to Atlanta again

Well, I'm here in Atlanta again for another trip. I am down here for two weeks this time, working on projects on the network. We are going through an Exchange migration, though I have to admit I'm not exactly contributing much to that effort. (It's not that I'm trying to slow it down... I just don't know anything about Exchange to know how to make it work!)

One of the things I have been able to contribute this round though is a comprehensive architectural diagram of the network topology, which is a huge help in figuring out how things are working. Hopefully, that will assist in identifying performance bottlenecks. It also gives us an idea of where we are at as we look to upgrade parts of the network, both to replace aging hardware (before it dies on us), and to support the ever growing needs of the office. (You know, those pesky graphic arts and media people with their terabytes of video data ;-)

No comments: