Thursday, April 21, 2005

And away we go...

Welcome to the world of my Blog. I have nothing of great resounding wisdom to add at this point, other than the fact that I am here, and ready to start.


Oh, and the name. My use of the nick-name "Bilbo Baggins" predates the current wave of popularity of the works of JRR Tolkien. In fact, it goes back to the days of modem based BBS's, though I'm afraid admitting that fact dates me. I've always enjoyed The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and I'm not so snooty and stuck up that I think of all the recent fans as wannabes or hangers-on. The greatness of the books is in no way diminished by popularity and fad. In fact, they will continue to be great long after the crowds move on to something else to tickle their fancy.


And, if you want to see my site, go to the real home of Bilbo Baggins


No comments: